ShareThis – the original embeddable share buttons. We've rebuilt our buttons from the ground up, and they're better than ever. Try them today!

Our share buttons feature all of the most popular social networks, including mobile choices like SMS and WhatsApp. Our buttons are mobile optimized, enabling visitors to share your content from any device. Our code is lightweight and won't bog down your site. Did we mention they're beautiful too? Get crisp logos at any size, plus bold, eye catching colors and labels. Customize a set today to make them your own.

The ShareThis Share Buttons plugin allows WordPress websites to quickly configure and install ShareThis share buttons. All of the functionality found in the manual installation can be accomplished using this plugin, and more! Take complete control over where and how your share buttons appear on your WordPress site.

WordPress Features

Inline Share Buttons

  • Enable or disable inline share buttons at the top and bottom of post and page bodies.
  • Pixel perfect placement with top and bottom margin controls.
  • Shortcode and PHP snippets.
  • Page and post editor controls let you enable or disable inline share buttons on specific posts and pages regardless of your default settings.

Sticky Share Buttons

  • Enable or disable sticky share buttons on the home page, all pages, all posts, custom posts, author pages, as well as tag and category archives.
  • Exclude sticky share buttons on specific pages and category archives with a searchable page exception.
  • Page and post editor controls let you enable or disable sticky share buttons on specific posts and pages regardless of your default settings.

Privacy

By creating an account with ShareThis you agree to our terms of use.
Included in those terms is our ability to keep track of user interactions with our buttons. You can read all about our privacy policy here: https://www.sharethis.com/privacy/.

This plugin provides 1 block.

  • Inline Share Buttons

Install ShareThis Share Buttons just like any other plugin. Simply download the file directly from this page or search for us in the WordPress directory and click "Install". After you install and activate the plugin, simply configure your buttons and create an account.

If you're already using the new ShareThis buttons, and want to migrate to our WordPress plugin, we've got your back. Install the plugin, then from the first configuration screen click, connect to an existing property. Login, and select your property from the list. We'll sync your settings from our platform. Don't forget to remove the hard coded JS, and any hard coded inline share button divs!

I reconfigured my buttons on the ShareThis platform, but nothing happened on my site. What's going on here?

We cache your ShareThis platform button configurations (social networks, button size, labels etc.) to optimize their performance. Sometimes changes you make on the ShareThis platform take a couple minutes to update on your site. Also, if you activate a new button type from the settings page you may experience a similar lag.

I don't care if ShareThis wants me to register an account, hey they are providing this service for free. What I do care about though is not having this plugin crash my site. Like an idiot I didn't preview my site with staging software and bam! this plugin created a white space on the top of my website. Eek! So, I uninstalled it. It was still there. So I clicked into the white space and hit delete to try and get rid of the white space. It got rid of most of it, but it gave me errors in my header file and I could no longer update any posts or pages! Of course "I'm sorry" didn't cut it for my client so I had to export files and delete WordPress & theme install and re-set up! I was using an up-to-date block-based premium Genesis theme (Mai theme), not a cheap theme. So... warning. If you use this plugin, be sure to use staging software or this could happen to you too.

Requires me to login and create an account. Which probably lets them monitor the shares on my site. Which is probably some demographic data mining. So, yeah. "proprietary api". Forget it.

I liked the preview of the plugin, but: NO I will NOT register! WTF! I will use another plugin instead!

Yeah those three points in the title are why I love this plugin. After a quick registration process I had beautiful share buttons floating on my site. Then I looked at the admin settings and realize how PERFECT the plugin was built to control visibility of the buttons on a WordPress site. I don't have to touch ANY code! I'm currently using the sticky buttons, but eventually I'm thinking of adding the inline buttons to my blog posts, which I can do with two clicks. I'm also utilizing the plugins GDPR tool for my EU visitors. Awesome plugin! I look forward to seeing what else ShareThis has to offer.

Works brilliantly with a few minor tweaks.

The newest version keeps activating the GDPR Compliance Tool, even I disabled it in the settings. Looking for another plugin now.

Read all 17 reviews

"ShareThis Share Buttons" is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.

Contributors

1.5.4

  • Fix markup for data-url output.

1.5.3

  • Fix jquery attr call and php warning.
  • Remove GDPR global scope.

1.5.2

  • Add Snapchat, BLM and Live Journal network options.

1.5.1

  • Fix position config update save.

1.5.0

  • Fix missing update in stick config.
  • Fix fix language selector.

1.4.1

  • Fix GDPR compliance on/off.

1.4.0

  • Added GDPR compliance tool option and config.

1.3.0

  • Fix registration sticky configurations.
  • Add DB data removal on deactivate.
  • Add new companies to network list.
  • Add notice for ad blockers.

1.2.10

  • Fix endpoint update.

1.2.9

  • Add German to language list.
  • Remove Native counts.
  • Replace api endpoints.

1.2.8

  • Made WordPress 5+ compatible.
  • Added new Gutenberg block category and block for adding inline buttons.
  • Fixed backwards compatibility for accounts without secrets.

1.1.8

  • Added multi language options for translating share buttons.

1.1.7

  • Added loading gifs to registration to avoid user double clicks.
  • Added new Messenger button to network list.

1.1.6

  • Menu logic for use by future ShareThis plugins.
  • Fix button size selector.

1.1.5

  • Create an account and design your share buttons without leaving the plugin!
  • Link the plugin and sync buttons settings with an existing property on our Platform.

1.0.5

  • Add a widget for sidebars to include buttons.

1.0.4

  • Added data-url attribute to non the-excerpt filter excerpts.

1.0.3

  • Fixed random share buttons on homepage base issue.

1.0.2

  • Changed first product set function to add if doesn't exist instead of looking at transient.

1.0.1

  • Fixed excerpt filter solving excerpt display issue.

1.0.0

  • Brand new plugin submission.